|2018 – present, Associate Professor, ShanghaiTech University, School of Physical Science and Technology |
2009 – 2017 Assistant Professor, Michigan State University, Department of Physics and Astronomy
2006 – 2009 Postdoctoral Research Associate, Physical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy Group (Advisor: Victor I. Klimov)
2005 Postdoctoral Fellow, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Materials Sciences Division (Advisor: Yuen-Ron Shen)
2004 Ph.D. University of California, Berkeley, Department of Physics (Advisor: Yuen-Ron Shen)
1992 B.S. Stanford University, Physics and Biological Sciences
|Nonequilibrium properties and dynamics of condensed phase systems |
Optical properties of low-dimensional materials (e.g., semiconductor nanocrystals and quantum dots, layered materials)
Interfacial dynamics (e.g., the hydrogen bond network at water surfaces)
1. Y.H. Tang, M. Saniepay,C.J. Mi, R. Beaulac, and J.A. McGuire*,“Optical Stark Metrology of CdSe Nanocrystal Quantum Dots: Reconciling theSize-dependent Oscillator Strength with Theory,” arXiv:1703.00530.
2. S.H. Xiao, F. Figge, G. Stirnemann, D.Laage*, and J.A. McGuire*,“Orientational Dynamics of Water at an Extended Hydrophobic Interface,” Journal of the American Chemical Society 138, 5551 (2016).
3. Y.H. Tang, X. Wei, K.C. Mandal, J.A. McGuire*, and C.W. Lai*, “ExcitonSpin Dynamics in GaSe,” Journal ofApplied Physics 118, 113103(2015).
4. C. Sun, F. Figge, I. Ozfidan, M.Korkusinski, , X. Yan, L.S. Li, P. Hawrylak*, and J.A. McGuire*, “Biexciton Binding of Dirac Fermions Confined inColloidal Graphene Quantum Dots,” NanoLetters 15, 5472 (2015).
5. C. Sun, F. Figge, J.A. McGuire*, Q.Q. Li, and L.S. Li, “Biexciton Auger Recombinationin Colloidal Graphene Quantum Dots,” PhysicalReview Letters 113, 107401(2014).