|Yong Yang, Ph. D., assistant professor、PI in SPST, ShanghaiTech University. He was a scientist from University of Washington, Department of Chemistry. Dr. Yang received his Ph. D. degree in surface physics from Georgia State University in 2002, and Bachelor degree in physics from Fudan University in 1997. His postdoctoral research was mostly focused on interdisciplinary studies in reaction kinetics and mechanism of semiconductors and precious metal catalysts. From 2004-2005, Dr. Yang joined Dr. Shuji Nakamura (2014 Nobel Prize laureate)’s group in UC Santa Barbara, involving Hydride vapor phase epitaxy (HVPE) growth of AlN. In 2006, Dr. Yang joined Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) developing operando MS-FTIR apparatus. In last ten years, his work applied surface characterization to real industrial condition catalysis reaction with high temperature and pressure with high time resolusion. His current research is focusing on catalyst reaction kinetics/mechanism study such as CO2 reduction, CO oxidation, MeOH transformation on catalysts of Gold, platinum, copper, iron and rare earth.|
|Catalyst reaction kinetics/mechanism study |
Applying operando FT-IR/MS under industrial condition
C1 energy catalyst studies, porous materials in catalysis, etc.
| 1. Fu, Wanlin; Dai, Yunqian*; Li, Jerry; Liu, Zebang; Yang, Yong*; Sun, Yibai; Huang, Yiyang; Ma, Rongwei; Zhang, Lan; Sun, Yueming, "Unusual hollow Al2O3 nanofibers with loofah-like skins: Intriguing catalyst supports for thermal stabilization of Pt nanocrystals", ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2017 Accepted. |
2. Jerry Pui Ho Li, Hao Wu, Zebang Liu, Yong Yang*, ‘Investigation of CO Oxidation over Au/TiO2 Catalyst through Temperature Programmed Online MS Studies, from Liquid Nitrogen Temperatures to 200°C’, Catalyst Today, 2017，10.1016/j.cattod.2017.02.031.
3. Qi Xin, Aggeliki Papavasilou; Nikos Boukos; Antonella Glisenti; Jerry Pui Ho Li; Yong Yang; Constantine J. Philippopoulos; Evangelos Poulakis; Fotis K. Katsaros; Vera Meynen; Pegie Cool, ‘Preparation of Cu/SBA-15 catalyst by the modified ammonia driven deposition precipitation method with a high thermal stability and an efficient automotive CO and hydrocarbons conversion’, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2017, DOI- 10.1016/j.apcatb.2017.03.071
4. Jerry Pui Ho Li, Zebang Liu, Xiaomian Qi , Yunqian Dai, Minghui Fan and Yong Yang*, ‘Applying low temperature titration for determination of metallic sites on active oxide supported catalysts’, 2017, in preparation.
5. Hao Wu, Yong Yang*, Jerry Pui Ho Li, Zebang Liu, Yang Luo, Minghui Fan, ‘Developing characterization apparatus under operando conditions’ , Nuclear Techniques, 39, 100101-1, 2016.
6. Y. Yang, C. A. Mims, D. Mei, C. H. F. Peden, C. T. Campbell, ‘Reactivity of Surface Bound Formate During Low temperature Methanol Synthesis on Copper Catalysts’, ACS Catalysis, 5, 7328 (2015).
7. K. Yoon, Y. Yang, P. Lu, K. Stamm, P. T. Fanson, C.T. Campbell, Y. Xia, ‘A sinter-Resistant Catalytic System Based on Pt Nanoparticles Embedded on the Inner Surface of CeO2 Hollow Fibers’, Angewandte Chemie., 51, 9543(2012) (VIP paper).
8. Y. Yang, C. A. Mims, D. Mei, C. H. F. Peden, C. T. Campbell, The role of water in methanol synthesis from CO and CO2 on copper catalyst, J. Catal., 298, 10， (2013).
9. Kumar, Amit; Devanathan, Ram; Shutthanandan, Vaithiyalingam; Kuchibhatla, Satyanarayana; Karakoti, Ajay; Yang, Yong; Thevuthasan, S; Seal, Prof. Sudipta, "Radiation-Induced Reduction of Ceria in Single and Poly Crystalline Thin", J. Phys. Chem. C., 116, 361 (2012)
10. Y. F. Zhao, Y. Yang, C. Mims, C.H. F. Peden, J. Li and D. Mei. Insight into methanol synthesis from CO2 hydrogenation on Cu(111): Complex reaction network and the effects of H2 O, J. Catal., 281, 199, (2011).
11. Dai, Y.; Lim, B.; Yang, Y.; Cobley, C. M.; Cho, E. C.; Li, W.; Grayson, B.; Fanson, P. T.; Campbell, C. T. and Xia, Y. A sinter-resistant catalytic system based on Pt nanoparticles supported on TiO2 nanofibers and covered by porous silica, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 49, 8165 (VIP article) (2010).
12. Y. Yang, C.A. Mims, R.S. Disselkamp, Ja-Hun Kwak, C.H.F. Peden, C.T. Campbell, The (non) formation of methanol by hydrogenation of formate on copper catalysts, Journal of Physical Chemistry， 114, 17205 (2010).