Dr. Shi received the B.S. degree in electronic engineering from Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, in 2011. He received the Ph.D. degree in electronic and computer engineering from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), in 2015, under the supervision of Prof. Khaled B. Letaief. Since September 2015, he has been with the School of Information Science and Technology, ShanghaiTech University, Shanghai, China, where he is currently a tenured Associate Professor. He visited University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA, from October 2016 to February 2017, hosted by Prof. Martin J. Wainwright. Dr. Shi is a recipient of the 2016 IEEE Marconi Prize Paper Award in Wireless Communications, and the 2016 Young Author Best Paper Award by the IEEE Signal Processing Society. His research areas include optimization, statistics, machine learning, signal processing, and their applications to 6G, IoT, and AI.
1. K. B. Letaief, W. Chen, Y. Shi, J. Zhang, and Y. Zhang, “The roadmap to 6G - AI empowered wireless networks”, IEEE Commun. Mag., 2019.
2. K. Yang, T. Jiang, Y. Shi, and Z. Ding, “Federated learning via over-the-air computation”, IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., 2019.
3. K. Yang, Y. Shi, and Z. Ding, “Data shuffling in wireless distributed computing via low-rank optimization”, IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 67, no. 12, pp. 3087-3099, June 2019.
4. T. Jiang, Y. Shi, J. Zhang, and K. B. Letaief, “Joint activity detection and channel estimation for IoT networks: phase transition and computation-estimation tradeoff”, IEEE Internet of Things J., 2019.
5. M. C. Tsakiris, L. Peng, A. Conca, L. Kneip, Y. Shi, and H. Choi, “An algebraic-geometric approach to shuffled linear regression”, IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, 2019.
6. J. Dong, K. Yang, and Y. Shi, “Ranking from crowdsourced pairwise comparisons via smoothed Riemannian optimization”, ACM Trans. Knowl. Discovery Data, 2019.
7. J. Dong and Y. Shi, “Blind demixing via Wirtinger flow with random initialization”, in Proceedings of Int. Conf. Artificial Intell. Stat. (AISTATS), Naha, Okinawa, Japan, Apr. 2019.
8. J. Dong and Y. Shi, “Nonconvex demixing from bilinear measurements”, IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 66, no. 19, pp. 5152-5166, October 2018.
9. Y. Shi, J. Zhang, B. O’Donoghue, and K. B. Letaief, “Large-scale convex optimization for dense wireless cooperative networks”, IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 63, no. 18, pp. 4729-4743, September 2015. (The 2016 IEEE Signal Processing Society Young Author Best Paper Award)
10. Y. Shi, J. Zhang, and K. B. Letaief, “Group sparse beamforming for green Cloud-RAN”, IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 2809-2823, May 2014. (The 2016 Marconi Prize Paper Award)