|Prof. Chen received his B.S. degree from University of Science and Technology of China in 2000 and his Ph.D. degree in condensed matter physics from Purdue University in 2007. He worked as a post-doctoral fellow at University of California, San Diego (UCSD) before he moved to the Materials Science Division of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in 2011. In late 2012, he joined SINAP. Since January of 2015, he joined the School of Physical Science and Technology of ShanghaiTech University as an assistant professor、PI.|
|We apply a broad range of X-ray and optical techniques, including X-ray diffraction, scattering and absorption, FTIR, and Raman spectroscopy, to study nanoscale and energy-related materials.|
1. Z. Liu, K. Meng, X. Wang, Z. Qiao, Q. Xu, S. Li, L. Cheng, Z. Li, and G. Chen*, “In Situ Observation of Vapor-Assisted 2D-3D Heterostructure Formation for Stable and Efficient Perovskite Solar Cells”, Nano Lett. (2020) DOI: 10.1021/acs.nanolett.9b04759.
2. M. Du, K. Zhou*, X. Wang, J. Zhang, Y. Zhang, J. Dong, L. Wu, Z. Qiao, G. Chen*, and Q. Wang*, “Precise Fabrication of De Novo Nanoparticle Lattices on Dynamic 2D Protein Crystalline Lattices”, Nano Lett. (2020) DOI: 10.1021/acs.nanolett.9b04574.
3. X. Wang, L. Wu, G. Wang, and G. Chen*, “Dynamic Crystallization and Phase Transition in Evaporating Colloidal Droplets”, Nano Lett. 19, 8225 (2019).
4. Q. Xu, K. Meng, Z. Liu, X. Wang, Y. Hu, Z. Qiao, S. Li, L. Cheng, and G. Chen*, “Synergistic improvements in efficiency and stability of 2D perovskite solar cells with metal ion doping”, Adv. Mater. Interf. 6, 1901259 (2019).
5. Z. Li, N. Liu, K. Meng*, Z. Liu, Y. Hu, Q. Xu, X. Wang, S. Li, L. Cheng, and G. Chen*, “A New Organic Interlayer Spacer for Stable and Efficient 2D Ruddlesden-Popper Perovskite Solar Cells”, Nano Lett. 19, 5237 (2019).
6. K. Meng, X. Wang, Q. Xu, Z. Li, Z. Liu, L. Wu, Y. Hu, N. Liu, and G. Chen*, “In Situ Observation of Crystallization Dynamics and Grain Orientation in Sequential Deposition of Metal Halide Perovskites”, Adv. Funct. Mater. 29, 1902319 (2019) (Cover).
7. L. Wu, X. Wang, and G. Chen*, “Experimental evidence for x-ray standing wave modulated surface scattering effect”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 114, 141601 (2019) (Cover & Editor’s Pick).
8. Z. He, H. Jiang, L. Wu, J. Liu*, G. Wang, X. Wang, J. Wang, Z. Hou, G. Chen*, and S. Yu*, “Real-Time Probing of Nanowire Assembly Kinetics at the Air-Water Interface by In Situ Synchrotron X-Ray Scattering”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 57, 8130 (2018).
9. L. Wu, X. Wang, G. Wang, and G. Chen*, “In Situ X-ray scattering observation of two-dimensional interfacial colloidal crystallization”, Nature Commun. 9, 1335 (2018).
10. J. Zhang, X. Wang, K. Zhou, G. Chen*, and Q. Wang*, “Self-Assembly of Protein Crystals with Different Crystal Structures Using Tobacco Mosaic Virus Coat Protein as a Building Block”, ACS Nano 12, 1673 (2018).
11. K. Meng, L. Wu, Z. Liu, X. Wang, Q. Xu, Y. Hu, S. He, X. Li, T. Li, and G. Chen*, “In Situ Real-Time Study of the Dynamic Formation and Conversion Processes of Metal Halide Perovskite Films”, Adv. Mater. 30, 1706401 (2018).