Jia Liu Research Associate Professor, PI
2006, B.Sc., Nankai University, China
2012, Ph.D., University of Maryland, College Park
2012 to 2014, Postdoctoral Fellow, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, USA
2014.11 to 2018.08, Shanghai Institute for Advanced Immunochemical Studies, ShanghaiTech University, Research Associate Professor in Laboratory of ADC Chemistry
2018.08 to present, Shanghai Institute for Advanced Immunochemical Studies, ShanghaiTech University, PI of Laboratory of Macromolecule Drug Delivery, Research Associate Professor
The research in Laboratory of Macromolecule Drug Delivery (LMDD) is focused on 1) understanding the mechanisms of cellular uptake of macromolecules and 2) developing next-generation delivery technologies.
1. Li B#, Zhou X-H# Yang P-Y, Zhu L, Zhong Y, Cai Z, Jiang B, Cai X, Liu J*, Jiang X* (2019) Photoactivatable fluorogenic labeling via turn‐on “click‐like” nitroso‐diene bioorthogonal reaction. Adv Sci, 1802039.
2. Chen J#, Yang Y-F#, Yang Y, Zou P, Chen J, He Y, Shui S-L, Cui Y-R, Bai R, Liang Y-J, Hu Y, Jiang B, Lu L, Zhang X*, Liu J*, Xu J* (2017) AXL promotes Zika virus infection in astrocytes by antagonizing type I interferon signaling. Nat Microbiol3, 302-309
3. Mao D#, Liang Y#, Liu Y, Zhou X, Ma J, Jiang B, Liu J* and Ma D* (2017) Acid Labile acyclic cucurbit[n]uril molecular containers for controlled release. Angew Chem Int Ed, 56, 12614-12618.
4. Chen J#, Yang Y-F#,Chen J, Zhou X, Dong Z, Chen T, Yang Y, Zou P, Jiang B, Hu Y, Lu L, Zhang X, Liu J*, Xu J*and Zhu T* (2017) Zika virus infects renal proximal tubular epithelial cells with prolonged persistency and cytopathic effects. Emerg Microbes Infect, 6, e77.
5. Liu J and Shui S-S (2016) Delivery methods for site-specific nucleases: Achieving the full potential of therapeutic gene editing. J Control Release 244, 83-97.
6. Gaj T, Sirk JS, Shui SS and Liu J. (2016) Genome editing technologies: principles and applications. CSH Perspect Biol, 8, pii: a023754.
7. Liu J#*, Gaj T#, Yang Y, Wang N, Shui S, Kim S, Kanchiswamy CN, Kim JS, Barbas CF III. (2015) Efficient delivery of nuclease proteins for genome editing in human stem cells and primary cells. Nat Protoc, 10:1842-59.
8. Liu J#*, Gaj T, Wallen MC, Barbas CF III. (2015) Improved cell-penetrating zinc-finger nuclease proteins for precision genome engineering. Mol Ther- Nucleic Acids, 4, e232.