|Dr. Guanjun Gao graduated from Department of Agronomy of Yangzhou University in Jiangsu in 1996, and received a PhD degree from Zhejiang University in 2005. He did the postdoctoral research at Lab of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (LBMB) in National Cancer Institute of NIH, USA from 2006-2010. From 2010~2011, he worked as Research Fellow at LBMB lab in NIH. From 2011, he became a PI at School of Life Sciences in Tsinghua University. In middle of 2017, he moved to Shanghai and became an associate professor at School of Life Science and Technology in ShanghaiTech University.|
|The major mission of Gao-lab is to use Drosophila and mammalian cell systems to achieve a comprehensive understanding of the mechanisms of chromatin and (epi-)genetic factors, particularly with a focus on long non-coding RNAs and histone epigenetic codes in development, reproduction, innate immunology, aging and cancer disease. Towards achieving this mission, Gao-lab bridges the new genetic methods and biochemistry approaches into investigation of the mechanisms of those (epi-)genetics factors involved in fundamental biological processes. Their research will define not only epigenetic molecules and pathways but also many fundamental biological processes that impact human health.|
| 1.Zhang W#, Zhang X#, Xue Z#, Li Y#, Ma Q, Ren X, Zhang J, Yang S, Yang L, Wu M, Ren M, Xi R, Wu Z, Liu JL, Matunis E, Dai J*, Gao G*. Probing the Function of Metazoan Histones with a Systematic Library of H3 and H4 Mutants. Dev Cell. 2019 Feb 11;48(3):406-419.|
2.Xiao X#, Yang L#, Pang X#, Zhang R, Zhu Y, Wang P, Gao G* & Cheng G*. A Mesh-Duox pathway regulates homeostasis in the insect gut. Nature Microbiology. 2017 Mar 1;2:17020. (Co-corresponding author)
3.Wen K#, Yang L#, Xiong T#, Di C ,Ma D, Wu M, Xue Z, Zhang X, Long L, Zhang J, Bi X, Dai J, Zhang Ren M, Long L, Zhang Q, Lu ZJ.& Gao G*. Critical roles of long noncoding RNAs in Drosophila spermatogenesis. Genome Research. 2016 Sep;2. （F1000 recommendation）
4.Zhu Τ, Liang C, Li D, Tian M, Liu S, Gao G, Guan JS. Histone methyltransferase Ash1L mediates activity-dependent repression of neurexin-1α. Sci Rep. 2016 May 27;6:26597.
5.Hu L, Xu J, Yin MX, Zhang L, Lu Y, Wu W, Xue Z, Ho MS, Gao G, Zhao Y, Zhang L*. Ack promotes tissue growth via phosphorylation and suppression of the Hippo pathway component Expanded. Cell Discov. 2016 Feb 23;2:15047.
6. Gerstein MB, Rozowsky, Yan KK… Gao G… Waterston R*. Comparative analysis of the transcriptome across distant species. Nature. 2014 Aug 28; 512(7515):445-448.
7. Xue Z, Wu M, Wen K, Ren M, Long L, Zhang X. & Gao G*. CRISPR/Cas9 Mediates Efficient Conditional Mutagenesis in Drosophila. G3:Genes|Genomics| Genetics. 2014 Sep 5. pii: g3.114.014159. (2014 highlight in GSA)
8. Xue Z, Ren M, Wu M, Dai J, Rong YS. & Gao G*. Efficient gene knock-out and knock-in with transgenic Cas9 in Drosophila. G3:Genes|Genomics| Genetics. 2014 Mar 21; 4(5):925-9. (2014 highlight in GSA)
9.Wei W, Xin H, Roy B, Dai J, Miao Y* & Gao G*. Heritable genome editing with CRISPR/Cas9 in the silkworm, Bombyx mori. PLoS One. 2014 Jul 11; 9(7):e101210.
10.Yu Z#, Ren M#, Wang Z, Zhang B, Rong YS, Jiao R* & Gao G*. Highly efficient genome modifications mediated by CRISPR/Cas9 in Drosophila. Genetics. 2013 Sep; 195(1):289-91. (2013 highlight in GSA，引用>200)
11.Wei C, Liu J, Yu Z, Zhang B*, Gao G*, Jiao R*. TALEN or Cas9 - rapid, efficient and specific choices for genome modifications. J Genet Genomics. 2013 Jun 20;40(6):281-9. (Co-corresponding author)
12. Gao, G. J., Chen, Y., Wesolowska, N. & Rong, YK*. A paternal imprint for the inheritance of telomere identity in Drosophila. PNAS. 2011 Mar 22; 108(12):4932-7.
13. Gao, G. J.,Walse J., Michelle, B., Patrizia, M., Natalia, W., Chen, J. & Rong, YK*. HipHop interacts with HOAP and HP1 to protect Drosophila telomeres in a sequence-independent manner. EMBO J. 2010, Feb 17; 29(4):819-29.
14.Gao, G. J#., Bi, X#., Chen, J., Srikanta, D. & Rong, YK*. Mre11-Rad50-Nbs complex is required to cap telomeres during Drosophila embryogenesis. PNAS. 2009, Jun 30; 106(26):10728-33.
15.Gao, G. J., Conor, M., Chen, J. & Rong, YK*. A powerful method combining homologous recombination and site-specific recombination for targeted mutagenesis in Drosophila. PNAS .2008, Sep 16; 105(37):13999-4004.