Guangping Xie Research Professor, PI
Guangping Xie, Ph.D, Research Professor in Center for Adaptive System (CASE), School of Creativity and Art，Intelligent Assembly Platform PI. He worked as a Postdoctoral in the Graduate School of China University of Mining and Technology, and Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, respectively. ITIT Fellowship in NRLM of AIST, Japan. He served as an Optical-electron Engineer and R&D Manager in Excel Precision Corp. in San Francisco and General Photonics Corp. in Los Angeles successively, played a leading role in the R&D of laser measuring instruments and optical fiber polarization control technology. Sr. Project Manager in Accelergy (Shanghai) R&D Center, responsible for leading the development of high-throughput devices for ionic liquid synthesis and industrial catalyst screening. General Manager in Shanghai Wenguang Precision Instrument Co., Ltd. Principal Engineer served in GE Global R&D Center, and GE China Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center (AMTC), responsible for leading development of automation, digital and intelligent solutions for GE business in China and global to improve productivity, quality and reduce costs. In May 2019, he joined in CASE, responsible for R&D of inspection, digital assembly and robotic automation technology.
1. Laser and optical instrument design
2. Laser and Electro-optical sensing technology
3. Optical fiber sensing technology
4. Digital assembly
5. Robotics and Industrial Automation
1. Guangping Xie, Zhongyan Fan, Dongsheng Wang, Chunyong Yin, “A Correction System of Abbe-Error in Real-Time”, Chinese Journal of Astronautic Metrology and Measurement, April 1996.
2. Pei Won, Leong Seah, Guangping Xie，“Quasi-distributed frequency-modulated continuous-wave reflectometric optical fiber strain sensor”，Optical Engineering 41(4)，April 2002
3. Guangping Xie; You-Jin Wang; Lynn J. Reiter; John C. Tsai, “High-accuracy absolute measurement of the refractive index of air”, Optical Engineering, 43(4), April 2004.
4. Xu Han, Guangping Xie, Brandon Laflen, Ming Jia, Guiju Song, Kevin Harding，“Development of feature extraction analysis for a multi-functional optical profiling device applied to field engineering applications”，Proc. SPIE. 9489, Dimensional Optical Metrology and Inspection for Practical Applications IV，May 2015
5. Guangping Xie, Ming Jia, Zirong Zhai, Paolo Trallori, Kevin George Harding, Guiji Song,”Surface Roughness Measurement Device”, US Patent 20160069672 A1, May, 2016