Wen Zheng Assistant Professor, PI
2006.9-2010.5 B.S. in Finance East China University of Science and Technology
2010.9-2012.5 M.S. in Economics Georgia Institute of Technology
2012.9-2019.5 Ph.D.in Business Administration University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
2019.7-present Assistant Professor in SEM ShanghaiTech University
Technology and Innovation Management; Patent Strategy; Corporate Strategy; Venture Capital; International Business
1. Miller, D. J. and Zheng, W. The evolution of diversification in venture capital firm portfolios.
2. Zheng, W. Optimal timing for entrepreneurs to seek venture capital investment?
3. Zheng, W., Mahoney, J.T. and Yao, F. MNE headquarters’ international staffing decisions: using a real options len to join institutional theory and the resource-based approach on dynamic adjustment costs
4. Mahoney, J.T. and Zheng, W. Firms’ patent abandonment and subsequent inventions: knowledge spillover pool, absorptive capacity, open innovation and complementary patents.
5. Zheng, W. The impact of firm’s patent abandonment on breadth and depth of subsequent cumulative inventions.
6. Zheng, W. The focal firm’s patent abandonment and search for subsequent inventions: distant knowledge, new-to-firm inventors and technological search.