Wenqing Xu Professor
Dr. Wenqing Xu received his BS degree from the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) in 1985, and his Ph. D. degree from Massachusetts Institute of
In all life forms, cells must be able to perceive and correctly respond to their environment. In humans, dysregulation of cell signaling pathways can lead to many diseases including cancers. We aim to understand how cells sense their environment and transduce signals in cells under normal and pathologic conditions, using a combination of
1. Ma D, Wang Z, Merrikh CN, Lang KS, Lu P, Li X, Merrikh H, Rao Z, Xu W.* (2018). Crystal structure of a membrane-bound O-acyltransferase. Nature, 562, 286-
3. Cho U, and Xu W.* (2007). Crystal structure of a protein phosphatase 2A heterotrimeric holoenzyme. Nature (Article), 445, 53-57.
4. Graham T, Weaver C, Mao F, Kimelman D, and Xu W.* (2000). Crystal Structure of a beta-catenin/Tcf complex. Cell, 103, 885-896.
5. Lu P, Min D, DiMaio F, Wei KY, Vahey MD, Boyken SE, Chen Z, Fallas JA, Ueda G, Sheffler W, Mulligan VK, Xu W, Bowie JU, Baker D*. (2018). Accurate
6. Shen G, Ke J, Wang Z, Cheng Z, Gu X, Wei Y, Melcher K, Xu HE*, and Xu W.* (2015). Structural basis of the Norrin-Frizzled 4 interaction. Cell Research. 25, 1078-
7. Sun W, Zhu YJ, Wang Z, Zhong Q, Gao F, Lou J, Gong W, and Xu W.* (2013). Crystal structure of the yeast TSC1 core domain and implications for tuberous
8. Wang Z, Michaud GA, Cheng Z, Zhang Y, Hinds TR, Fan E, Cong F, and Xu W.* (2012). Recognition of the iso-ADP-ribose moiety in poly(ADP-ribose) by WWE
9. Morrone S, Cheng Z, Moon RT, Cong F, Xu W.* (2012). Crystal structure of a Tankyrase-Axin complex and its implications for Axin turnover and Tankyrase substrate
10. Cheng Z, Biechele T, Wei Z, Morrone S, Moon RT, Wang L, and Xu W.* (2011). Crystal structures of the extracellular domain of LRP6 and its complex with DKK1.
12. Liu J, Philips B, Amaya M, Kimble J*, and Xu W.* (2008). The C. elegans Sys-1 protein is a bona fide beta-catenin. Developmental Cell, 14, 751-761.
13. Cho U,Morrone S, Sablina AA, Arroyo JD, Hahn WC and Xu W.* (2007). Structural basis of PP2A inhibition by small t antigen. PLoS Biology, 5, 1810-1819.
14. Sampietro S, Dahlberg CL, Cho US, Hinds TR, Kimelman D, and Xu W.* (2006). Crystal Structure of a b-catenin/BCL9/Tcf4 Complex. Molecular Cell, 24, 293-
16. Xing Y, Clements WK, Kimelman D, and Xu W.* (2003). Crystal structure of a beta-catenin/Axin complex suggests a mechanism for the beta-catenin destruction
17. Graham T, Clements W, Kimelman D, and Xu W.* (2002). Crystal structure of the beta-catenin/ICAT complex reveals a inhibitory mechanism of Wnt signaling
18. Graham T, Ferkey D, Mao F, Kimelman D, and Xu W.* (2001). Tcf4 can specifically recognize beta-catenin using alternative conformations. Nature Structure
19. Xu W, Harrison SC, and Eck MJ* (1997). Three-dimensional structure of the tyrosine kinase c-Src. Nature,385, 595-602. (Article)
20. Xu W, Rould MA, Jun S, Desplan C, and Pabo CO* (1995). Crystal structure of a paired domain-DNA complex at 2.5Å resolution reveals structural basis for Pax